Email Marketing Tips for Generating Leads
So you got that great business idea. Maybe even set up a website. Sweet! Now What?
Many businesses take the first important step of “setting up shop” in the digital space, but the next phase, creating awareness, is a somewhat misunderstood, yet critical step.
- Great subject headlines, especially those involving deals or incentives, yield higher open rates
Ex: Earn a $10 credit with your first order today! / This week only – free shipping /
- Especially for mobile users – keep the call to action in the top half of the email. If you don’t, roughly 60% of your readers won’t see it. Also, make sure to repeat the main message and call-to-action. This is the whole point of a lead generation email – to get readers to take action!
- Keep copy and graphics to a minimum. Don’t confuse the reader with extra anecotes, statistics, etc… Use a quick introduction that leads directly to a call to action.
- Make sure your email is sized for mobile (no more than 600 pixels wide)
- Make sure your landing page is closely aligned with your email in terms of look and content